equipment
chinese machinary      chinese equipment      
Main page | News | Guestbook | Contact us
Русская версия

Products:
Mini-factories
Transport
Equipment
Instruments
Food products
Building materials
Leisure and garden inventory
Medicine and public health
Gas and gas equipment
Oil equipment
Chinese Silk
Underwear, T-shirts
Fashion
Various production line by Customers order
Silver coins
Safety
ABOUT US

Contact us
Tel: +86 13945101993
Email: mega@asia-business.biz

News from China
Samsung's operating profit rises despite Note 7 recall
7th October 2016

 SAMSUNG Electronics saw its operating profit rise in the third quarter despite a global recall of Galaxy Note 7 smartphones, the company said on Friday.

The South Korean tech behemoth posted 7.8 trillion won (US$7 billion) in its preliminary figure for operating profit during the July-September period, up 5.55 percent from the same period last year.

It was down 4.18 percent from 8.14 trillion won tallied in the previous quarter, which was the largest in more than two years.

The third-quarter profit beat market expectations of about 7.4 trillion won thanks to brisk sales of semiconductors and display panels, analysts said.

The better-than-expected earnings result came despite the companys decision in early September to recall all of about 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 smartphones shipped across the globe.

A number of cases that the Note 7 phones caught fire while charging were reported, leading many airlines to prevent passengers from holding the phones on flight for a fire hazard of batteries.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, there were 92 reports of battery overheating in the United States, including 26 cases of burns and 55 involving property damage.

It is estimated that Samsung may report about 1 trillion won in losses from the Note 7 recall, and the exact earnings results from businesses would be reported later this month after an external audit.

Source: Shanghai Daily, October 7, 2016
More curbs to cool property frenzy
6th October 2016

 CHINA’S local governments are introducing measures to rein in soaring housing prices, with the southern cities of Guangzhou and Shenzhen the latest taking steps to cool overheated real estate markets, including higher mortgage down payments and home purchase restrictions.

A property boom has boosted China’s economy this year, fueling demand for items such as construction materials and furniture, but a growing buying frenzy is adding to worries about ever-rising debt and risks to the banking system.

The new measures are the latest steps to tighten credit flowing into the property sector as the government tries to balance the need to prevent bubbles while stimulating economic growth.

Prices for new homes in the booming tech center of Shenzhen rose 36.8 percent from a year ago in August, while Guangzhou’s home prices rose 21.1 percent over that period, National Bureau of Statistics data showed.

Other cities including Chengdu and Wuhan have already announced new restrictions on property purchases as the government tries to dampen prices stoked by property speculators in second- and third-tier cities.

The average new home price in 70 major cities climbed an annual 9.2 percent in August, up from 7.9 percent in July, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

Nomura analysts said the new measures in the big cities should prevent the market frenzy from spilling over into smaller cities.

“We also believe it unlikely that the latest tightening measures will cause the bubble to burst, sparking a collapse of home prices. We envision a more likely scenario to be a mild retreat or prolonged flattening of home prices in first-tier cities,” the Nomura analysts said in a note on Tuesday.

First-time home buyers in Shenzhen will face minimum down payments of 30 percent, but deposits for others will be raised to no less than 50 percent, according to a government document.

Down payments for second-home buyers in China’s southern Guangdong Province near Hong Kong will be increased to no less than 70 percent.

Guangdong’s capital city of Guangzhou has limited local residents to buying a maximum of two properties, according to a statement posted on Tuesday on the Guangzhou government’s website.

Non-local residents will be allowed to buy one property, if they can prove they have paid appropriate levels of tax or social security.

In last week, a total of 12 cities including Beijing, Hangzhou and Tianjin have restricted buyer qualifications, limited purchase amounts or raised down payments.

Last Friday Beijing raised the down payment for first-time buyers from 30 percent to 35 percent. The deposit for second home purchases must now be at least 50 percent.

Hefei, capital of east China’s Anhui Province, on Saturday decreed that the price of any property must remain unchanged for six months after registration.

Separately, Suzhou in China’s eastern Jiangsu Province has unveiled fresh measures, including higher downpayment requirements, to cool the housing market.

Rising property prices have been generating many headlines. Prices in megacities like Beijing and Tianjin have soared in the past two months, fueling talk of a property bubble.

The Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development on Monday said that 45 property developers or agents were being investigated for stoking speculation through false advertisements, rumors and breaches of presale rules.

Prices in 100 major Chinese cities rose 14.9 percent in the first nine months of this year, with August and last month seeing record month-on-month growth of more than 2 percent, according to the China Index Academy, a private property research institute.

Shrinking profits in the real economy and expectations of yuan devaluation have led to capital flooding into the property market, the academy pointed out.

Source: Shanghai Daily, October 6, 2016
Wharf sells telecom business
5th October 2016

 HONG Kong tycoon Peter Woo’s Wharf Holdings Ltd has agreed to sell its telecom business to a consortium of TPG Capital Management LP and MBK Partners for HK$9.5 billion (US$1.22 billion), a person familiar with the matter told Reuters yesterday. The field of contenders to buy the business had narrowed to the TPG-MBK group and telecom firm HKBN Ltd after Wharf received about half a dozen final bids earlier this month. TPG and MBK declined to comment, while Wharf didn’t immediately respond to request for comment. Woo’s Wharf Holdings owns Hong Kong marquee properties including the Times Square and Harbour City shopping malls. The division being sold includes Wharf T&T — Hong Kong’s second-largest fixed-line operator for businesses, according to the firm’s website — but it does not include television broadcaster I-Cable Communications Ltd.

Source: Shanghai Daily, October 5, 2016
Senior CPC official calls for enhanced dialogue among different civilizations
4th October 2016

 ATHENS, Oct. 3 (Xinhua) -- Senior Communist Party of China (CPC) official Liu Yunshan on Monday elaborated on China's concept of civilization, calling for all countries to learn from each other among different civilizations in a bid to achieve win-win outcomes.

Liu, a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee, put forward the ideas while delivering a speech at the China-Europe Civilization Dialogue held in Athens.

 

"The dialogue held in Athens centres on how to enhance mutual learning among civilizations, which will give a positive push for deepening mutual trust and jointly building China-Europe civilization partnership," said Liu, who is on an official goodwill visit to Greece starting on Sunday.

Greece is the birthplace of European civilization, while China is an important representative of Eastern civilization, and the long history of communication between the Chinese and European civilizations has constitute the historical progress for the development of China, Europe as well as the world, said Liu.

Liu said China has always adhered to a concept of civilization featuring the ideas like diversity, treating each other on an equal footing, harmony and sharing, defusing confrontation and learning from others.

With regard to difference among civilizations and conflicts between each other, Liu urged the countries to conduct more communications, dialogues and consultations in the spirit of openness and inclusiveness.

We should engage in dialogue but not confrontation, replace "civilization clash" with "civilization harmony", said Liu.

Liu said China's Belt and Road initiative has made satisfying achievements, and China-Europe comprehensive strategic partnership has become increasingly enhanced.

He added the two sides should take new opportunities to promote China-Europe civilization exchanges and jointly building a community of common destiny for mankind.

Liu made a four-point proposal to further China-Europe civilization dialogue in terms of strategic trust, cultural exchanges, non-governmental exchanges and pragmatic cooperation.

Liu also called for the integration of China's Belt and Road initiative with Europe's development strategies so as to produce more cooperative outcomes.

On the same day, Liu unveiled a China Culture Center in Athens.

During his stay in Greece, Liu is expected to meet Greek leaders on bilateral relations.

Source: Xinhua, October 4, 2016

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138